Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh my little mister knows how to make a room smile! When attention is not on him, he has to interject by repeatedly saying, "hey! hey! hey! hey!" And once he has your attention he will tell you the most extravagant story about anything and everything having to do with absolutely nothing relevant. Just the other night Conrad and I were talking about our days when Edison proclaimed that he was fighting monsters with Buzz Light-year and chasing them with flash lights while jumping off his bed. He proclaimed that he chased them out of our room too so we didn't need to be scared because they were gone now.

The most entertaining thing now is to ask him why he is grumpy when he is not happy in the moment. He will proclaim with a stern voice, "Because I am okay?!" So giggling to myself I watch him and sit quiet hoping for a moment when I can make him smile. In a particular moment on Monday driving back from a long day in Denver, he didn't want anyone making any noise for any reason but only wanted to hear himself. He even got quite frustrated at one point because I was singing and he did not give me permission to do so. Then in complete silence he starts saying, "Ding-dong. Ding-dong, Ding-dong" repeatedly so I decided to see if I could spark a little smile on his face and asked, "Who's there? Come in!" At that moment he turned to me with a strait grumpy looking face and said," I am not a door." I could not contain myself. I started laughing as did everyone in the car. Then he instantly changed his mood and laughed too.

There are the little moments and things he does that make my heart melt too. Conrad wasn't feeling the best on Sunday afternoon and Edison kept asking why. When I told him we had to be quiet and let Daddy sleep he did so. A moment later I realize he was a little too quiet which meant he was usually up to something. I called for him and he didn't answer so I went looking for him and sure enough he was in our room on the bed and this is what I heard, " Dear Jesus, help daddy to feel better and not be sick. Help him keep safe when he drives. And Dear Jesus, help daddy to be better so he can feel happy. Amen." I smiled and as did Conrad. And you know what, he did feel better because our little guy knew just how to make him feel a little less icky :)

1 comment:

  1. That boy just makes my heart melt. Every time. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete